Convective Addiction is pleased to announce…
2010 Chase Highlights
Available on DVD and Blu-ray
Convective Addiction storm chasers had an amazing year in 2010 with numerous supercell and tornado intercepts. Follow along as they document the adventure, excitement, and beauty of their chases through the Great Plains and Midwest from April to June. Watch dozens of tornadoes from small ropes with dramatic, grinding debris clouds, to massive, violent wedges. In addition, you’ll also see great supercell structure and other beautiful sights from the high plains of Colorado to the prairies of Illinois.
This video production covers the following events:
- April 22, Texas Panhandle – Adam, Danny, and Skip track several tornadoes across the Texas panhandle including simultaneous tornadoes, and a close encounter with a multi-vortex.
- April 24, Yazoo City, Mississippi - Jesse and Brad track a rain wrapped wedge as it hits Yazoo City, before heading into town to aid in the rescue efforts.
- April 29, Northern Kansas – Adam and Danny intercept a brief tornadic circulation in northern Kansas while Skip intercepts some dramatic structure and lightning after dusk.
- May 10, Northern Oklahoma - Danny, Adam, Scott, and Ryan follow a dramatic multi-vortex tornado and get into some huge, window smashing hail
- May 19, Northern Oklahoma – Brad intercepts a scuddy tornado with powerful inflow as debris is kicked up in front of him.
- May 21, Eastern Wyoming - Scott intercepts a weak, yet photogenic tornado with a partially condensed rope funnel while Skip, Danny, and Adam shoot some high plains structure.
- May 22, Bowdle, South Dakota – Brad, Skip, Scott, Adam and Danny intercept numerous tornadoes including the Bowdle EF4 wedge before the infamous field incident.
- June 5, Central Illinois – Adam and Danny catch a trunk tornado on the horizon along with dramatic supercell structure before stopping to survey damage after dark.
- June 10, Central Colorado – Adam and Jesse intercept a gorgeous high plains supercell with a couple of cone tornadoes.
- June 17, Southern Minnesota - Adam, Danny, Skip, and Jesse intercept numerous photogenic tornadoes including the Albert Lea, MN EF4.
Watch the trailer!
This video production features almost an hour and a half of tornado footage. Check out some screen shots from the video:
This video was shot in wide screen high definition. For those with TV’s of different sizes and formats, we offer multiple formats of this production so everyone can get the most of this video.
DVD Letterboxed – The original widescreen video is scaled down to fit within a 4:3 frame leaving black bars on the top and bottom of the video. This preserves the format of the original video, but some quality is lost due to the video being scaled down to fit. Select this format if you have a larger standard definition 4:3 TV.
DVD Fullscreen – The original widescreen video is cropped to fit a standard 4:3 TV. This allows for a higher quality view of the portion of video that isn’t cropped, but the left and right sides of the video are cut to expand the video to fill the frame. Select this format if you have a medium or smaller sized standard definition 4:3 TV.
DVD Anamorphic Widescreen – The original widescreen video is preserved by squashing the video to fit within a 4:3 frame. Widescreen TV’s and DVD players capable of displaying anamorphic widescreen DVDs, will automatically stretch the video to fill the TV’s frame, providing a high quality view of the video in its original widescreen format. This version will appear squashed on a 4:3 TV. Select this version if you have a widescreen TV.
Blu-ray – The original video in all of its wide screen, high definition glory. Select this version if you have a Blu-ray player.
Running time of this production is 1 hour and 37 minutes, and has been edited to be suitable for viewing by families and general audiences.
Powered by Facebook Comments